The immune system is a very crucial part of the body because it is the primary defence against health issues, diseases, and infections. The innate immune system is affected by factors like failure to get enough sleep, not eating appropriately, and lack of exercise. There are many supplements that boost and balance your immune system, but CBD is in the lead.
CBD and the Innate Immune System
CBD is able to improve the general physical health of an individual. The immune system is a network of organs, tissues, and cells that work together to destroy any foreign particles or cells, which keeps you alive and healthy.
Normally, there are two types of white blood cells: lymphocytes and phagocytes. Lymphocytes, mostly known as T-cells and B-cells, destroy harmful and foreign substances. They also help the body to remember these foreign substances so that in the case of another invasion, they can detect and fight back. Phagocytes neutralise and absorb the invaders. This thereby hinders them from spreading further and causing more harm.
The Significance of CBD on the Endocannabinoid System
With the virus outbreak, it is essential that we look at the importance of CBD on your endocannabinoid system. CBD on its own does not necessarily cure the coronavirus, but it plays a great role in fighting the virus. Below are its benefits on your endocannabinoid system:
- CBD contains anti-inflammatory properties that help the immune system’s inflammatory response. Inflammation is a crucial response that separates the infected body areas and hinders toxins from further spread.
- CBD promotes cellular death or apoptosis.
- It hinders rapid cellular growth or proliferation.
- CBD suppresses or modulates the secretion and function of cytokines. The cytokines signal molecules that control your body’s inflammation, immunity, and the production of white blood cells.
- CBD also modulates the production of chemokine which act as chemoattractants. They guide the immune cells to the affected areas where white blood cells attack and destroy the invading microbes.
- It suppresses the function and production of T-cells. This modulates the ability of the immune system to recall fighting foreign invaders.
All these benefits help the immune system of a person infected or at risk of infection by the coronavirus. CBD offers anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antiviral properties. These are very important to coronavirus victims who experience nausea, inflammation, and vomiting. CBD also reduces anxiety and stress in individuals, which fights the disease.
Endocannabinoid and Immune Systems Together
CBD, therefore, dramatically improves and maintains the health of the endocannabinoid system. This, in return, improves your overall immune system and, most importantly, preserves the core innate immune system which makes the immune cells. When the genesis of the oxidation of cells is well catered for, the body is able to fight against any form of infection.
CBD is therefore a powerful medicine and supplement to your entire body system for both corrective and preventive reasons. To learn more about CBD, feel free to contact us today.